- Implant Logistics Internship
- General Practice Residency, Jamaica Hospital
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, New York University
- Enjoys playing basketball and spending time with family and friends
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, the Nova Southeastern University
- Prosthodontic Fellowship, the University of Illinois Chicago
- Specialization in Orthodontics, the University of Moscow, Russia
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- American Top Dentist in 2013 and 2015, Consumers’ Research Council of America
- John Tabak Memorial Award for Special Care Dentistry, Nova Southeastern University
- Orthodontic Residency, the University of Illinois Chicago
- Master of Science in oral sciences, the University of Illinois Chicago
- Board Certification, American Board of Orthodontics
- “Implementation of ultra-low-dose CBCT for routine 2D orthodontic diagnostic radiographs: Cephalometric landmark identification and image quality assessment,” published 2015
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Northwestern Dental School, 1994
- Bachelor of Science in biological sciences, Northwestern University, 1991.
- Dr. Baek has over 27 years of experience in general dentistry. He spent 20 years of those years practicing as a solo dentist and seven years working as an associate in group practice settings.
- Enjoys traveling, computers, photography, cars and spending time with his family
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Iran
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Indiana Dental School
- Certificate of Implant Dentistry, Iran
- Certificate of Prosthodontics, UT Health School of Dentistry
- Enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, swimming and biking
Meet Our Team
Our dental team places a great emphasis on providing excellent dental care for you and your family. We make it our goal to keep our patients as happy as possible and provide uplifting experiences during their time with our dentists in Mount Prospect, Illinois. If you would like to learn more about our amazing dental team, please feel free to contact Avid Dental Mount Prospect today at 847-439-6332 and schedule a visit with Dr. Wajih Chammae and associates.
Fatima is a certified dental assistant who joined our team in 2020. She lives in Northlake with her family, and she likes to spend her free time traveling, exploring coffeeshops and restaurants, and spending time with her parents and siblings.
Gigi has been working as a dental assistant since she graduated high school in 2019, and we welcomed her to our dental family in 2022. She is certified in coronal polishing, and she is a valued member of our team for her role management, effective communication, proactive initiative and critical thinking.
On her days off, Gigi loves to go shopping, play golf and try new places or activies. She also loves to spend time with her partner and her puppy, Diesel.
Tanya is one of our wonderful dental assistants and has been with our team since 2018. She is happily married with two boys. When she has a free moment, Tanya enjoys shopping with her boys, going to the pool in the summer and watching movies.
Paula boasts over 10 years of experience in the dental field, though she recently joined our team in May 2021. She is here to help our patients with their insurance and financial questions, make people smile, and walk our patients through their dental treatment.
Paula is a family oriented person who likes attending sports events, going on walks and hiking. She enjoys spending her free time reading and learning as much as she can. She looks forward to helping more patients achieve better oral hygiene!
Rachel graduated from Kennedy King College in 2007 and joined our team in June 2021. She has attended every class at the UIC College of Dentistry and is licensed to administer local anesthetic. Rachel has experience as a dental assistant, an office manager and now, a dental hygienist. She treats each patient with the same concern, respect and empathy she would her own family.
Rachel is a single mother to her 13-year-old daughter, Danielle. She has four parrots and a dog, and she maintains an active lifestyle that includes the gym, rollerblades, skiing and her Harley Davidson motorcycle. She was featured in the June 2014 issue of the ADHA magazine “Access” for her eight years of experience in treating patients with special needs.
Our office manager, Sandy, became a part of our team in 2015. She has received a great deal of experience in the dental field since her graduation from dental assisting school in 2009. Sandy enjoys the opportunity to serve dental care to our local community, and she is very devoted to our patients. Outside the office, she enjoys spending time with her children and going horseback riding on the weekends. She is married and currently has three children.